Vinyl Vs. Wood Sheds: Which Outdoor Storage Shed Is Best?
In this battle for the best, we will compare hard facts about vinyl storage sheds against wood sheds. From durability, to maintenance, to customization, and beyond, this article is designed to determine a winner in the outdoor storage shed arena.
Vinyl Plastic Sheds Outperform Wood Sheds In The Following Ways
Although wood sheds give your property that rustic charm you’ve been searching for, the maintenance and longevity of those outdoor storage sheds do not outweigh the success of vinyl plastic sheds.
- Durability: Properly maintained wood sheds can last 20 to 25 years. Vinyl storage sheds can last more than 25 years, with little maintenance required.
- Weatherproof: After rain or a heavy snowstorm, you should inspect your wood shed for flooding, water absorption, and damage. Failure to routinely inspect your wood shed will result in deterioration of the outdoor storage shed, namely mold and rot damage. Fortunately, vinyl plastic sheds are less susceptible to mold and rot, making them ideal for individuals who live in a climate with high humidity, rain, and snow.
- Pest Control: Sheds with wood siding are more attractive to insects and pests, namely termites and carpenter ants that can cause significant damage to the structure. If the holes created by these pests do not get addressed, the wooden backyard shed will deteriorate quickly, leaving an even bigger hole in your pocket.
- Cleaning: Vinyl sheds can easily be cleaned with mild soap and warm water. Wood siding often requires the use of special cleaners. While it is normal for mold and mildew to appear on the outdoor storage shed’s exterior, it is easier to remove it if the shed has vinyl siding. For those with wood siding, routine re-staining and re-painting is paramount to keeping the siding durable and maintaining its strong barrier.
- Style: While wood sheds offer a more traditional look, vinyl plastic sheds are available in an assortment of colors, styles, and textures. Modern, rustic, or traditional – vinyl storage sheds can be customized according to your unique style preferences.
Choose a Backyard Shed That is Durable, Affordable, and Maintenance Free
When deciding on the best materials for your backyard shed, focusing on longevity, performance, and durability is key. Wood sheds may be the traditional route for homeowners, but vinyl plastic sheds offer a boat load of perks, and will likely save you money in the long run.
Discover more added benefits of vinyl plastic sheds:
- Unlike wood, vinyl does not warp, crack, or deteriorate over time which means you won’t have to spend as much money on maintenance and repairs.
- Vinyl is UV resistant, making the outdoor storage shed’s exterior brilliantly stand out for years to come.
- Vinyl is also not susceptible to corrosion or rust.
Investing in a backyard shed shouldn’t increase your workload. Opting for a low maintenance and durable vinyl plastic shed will save you money and time, too!
Shop Vinyl Storage Sheds From Sunrise Structures
Since 1999, Sunrise Structures has been the premiere backyard shed, vinyl storage shed, cupola, and garage builder in Lancaster County, PA. Our high-quality craftsmanship and dedicated customer service has allowed our business to grow into the entire state of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.